Graduate Site Manager
This is the general job description overview which is shown on the listings page. Further details and how to apply are accessed via the specific job page.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- plan and coordinate a project from start to finish
- plan the work and the buying of necessary materials and equipment
- manage staff for the project
- manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers
- promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
- Utilise our digital construction software to write reports, carry out inspections and checks
- maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project, i.e. stakeholder management
- communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project
- deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
You’ll need to show:
- strong communication skills – for liaising with a wide range of clients, professionals and workers on site
- leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work
- excellent planning and organisational skills – for writing and monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
- resilience and problem-solving skills – in order to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
- an ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress
- strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
- an awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site
- sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns
- numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
- Construction Management
- First Aid
- CSCS Card
- Additional Health and Safety Qualifications such as Manual handling etc.