The post holder is required to develop skills and knowledge, assisting tradespersons delivering a complete range of bricklaying duties, including improvement, and repair work to recognised industry and believe housing standards of compliance, quality and productivity. We are looking for a Bricklaying apprentice who currently holds an NVQ Level 2, and wishes to progress onto Level 3 or above.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific objectives and deliverables will be agreed as part of your annual performance and development review process, the points below are a summary of your main duties and responsibilities.
- To assist qualified tradespersons. You will learn and be fully trained to undertake all aspects of the role, in a way that is agile and flexible. Adopting a multi – skilled whole job repair approach to the work, that achieves believe housing and recognised industry standards of compliance, quality and productivity.
- Use of powered hand tools and work equipment.
- Carry out basic trade instructions, read and interpret drawings.
- To work effectively as part of a team and with other trades within believe housing.
- To accurately complete prime documents for all work undertaken.
- To complete the relevant NVQ and City & Guilds qualifications which form part of the apprenticeship framework including any additional qualifications.
- To ensure that Diversity and Equality issues are addressed and included in all aspects of service delivery.
- Manage health and safety issues and training in your area of responsibility in line with the relevant section(s) of the relevant Health and Safety Policy.
- Comply with organisation confidentiality and information security policies at all times. Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade and you are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
- 4 GCSE’s (Graded A-C) or equivalent including Maths & English
- NVQ Level 2 Bricklaying
- Driving Licence (Preferable)