Construction Site Manager
Our Site managers organise work on building sites, making sure it’s completed safely, on time and within budget. As a site manager, no two days will ever be the same. You’ll liaise with architects, surveyors and builders to ensure a project is on track and there are enough staff, machinery and materials to get the job done. As a site manager you will be responsible for looking after the teams on a construction site, as well as liaising with the clients.
- Plan and coordinate a project from start to finish
- Plan the work and the buying of necessary materials and equipment
- Manage staff for the project
- Manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- Ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- Check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers
- Promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
- Utilise our digital construction software to write reports, carry out inspections and checks
- Maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project, i.e. stakeholder management
- Communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project
- Deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
You’ll need to show:
- Strong communication skills – for liaising with a wide range of clients, professionals and workers on site
- Leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work
- Excellent planning and organisational skills – for writing and monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
- Resilience and problem-solving skills – in order to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
- An ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress
- Strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
- An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site
- Sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns
- Numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
- Proven experience as Site Manager
- Hands-on experience in working within Construction Sites
- Ability to read technical documents and drawing
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Driving Licence (Preferable)
- Construction Management
- First Aid
- CSCS Card
- Additional Health and Safety Qualifications such as Manual handling, Abrasive Wheels etc.