Construction Site Manager
Site managers are responsible for ensuring that a construction project is completed on time and within budget.
- plan and coordinate a project from start to finish
- plan the work and the buying of necessary materials and equipment
- manage staff for the project
- manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers
- promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
- Utilise our digital construction software to write reports, carry out inspections and checks
- maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project, i.e. stakeholder management
- communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project
- deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
You’ll need to show:
- strong communication skills – for liaising with a wide range of clients, professionals and workers on site
- leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work
- excellent planning and organisational skills – for writing and monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
- resilience and problem-solving skills – in order to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
- an ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress
- strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
- an awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site
- sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns
- numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
- 2 Years plus Construction Management Experience
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- CSCS Card
- SMSTS Training
- Additional Health and Safety Qualifications such as Manual handling, Abrasive Wheels etc.
- Driving Licence (Preferable)