Clerk of Works
We are looking for a Clerk of Works join our team! The clerk of works will be responsible for overseeing the quality and safety of work across our construction sites, making sure that building plans and specifications are being followed correctly.
We are looking to hire a clerk of works to inspect the workmanship, quality and safety of work across our construction sites and reports back to senior managers and clients.
As clerk of works you will oversee the quality and safety of work on our construction sites, making sure that building plans and specifications are being followed correctly. Duties include:
- performing regular inspections of the work on site and comparing completed work with drawings and specifications
- measuring and sampling building materials to check their quality
- recording results
- identifying defects and suggesting ways to correct them
- liaising with other construction staff, such as contractors, engineers and surveyors
- monitoring and reporting progress to construction managers, architects and clients
As a clerk of work, you’d be conducting regular site inspections and checking that building plans are being followed correctly. You’d check that work is being carried out to the correct specifications and legal, safety and environmental standards.
Clerk of Works Responsibilities
- Carrying out Clerk of Works services on a range of construction projects
- Acting as the principal point of contact with the project client in respect of construction quality
- Working independently and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of DM Habens Clerk of Works services on all projects you are working on
- Utilising our digital construction software Procore, to provide reports and photographs following completion of a site inspection.
- Following the company ISO9001Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and ISO45001 Health and Safety Management System in the delivery of all services.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and developing excellent time management strategies.
- Treating all clients to an exceptional level of service
Clerk of Works Requirements
- Have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements
- Be physically fit with a good head for heights
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality when checking work and materials
- Be technically competent
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
- Be IT literate and willing to embrace new technology such as Procore.
- Be honest and vigilant to make sure that the work and materials meet the required standard
- Be able to establish a good working relationship with the Client and with the contractor’s staff
- Be persuasive and diplomatic while remaining independent
- Always set an example by acting in a professional manner including wearing personal protective equipment when on a construction site.
- Keep up to date with changes in construction methods and statutory legislation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a construction environment.
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Driving licence. Willingness to travel to sites across the UK as required.