We are looking for a skilled Bricklayer join our team! We are recruiting for skilled Bricklayer to be responsible for constructing brickwork for a building. The Bricklayer must be able to read and analyse building plans, check specifications, determine the most accurate layout, and mark guidelines. You should also be able to mix mortar powder, sand, clay, and water correctly to obtain an acceptable consistency.
To succeed as a Bricklayer, you should be detail-oriented and display the necessary knowledge and skill to build walls, houses or other building structures. Ultimately, a good Bricklayer should maintain a high standard of workmanship with safety and precision. The building, when completed, must be admired and appreciated as the work of a craftsman.
We expect our ideal candidate to be knowledgeable about the different types of bricks available and how to construct or repair walls in accordance with industry standards.
If you are a hard working person who can easily work alone and in the team when needed, then we are looking for you!
- Interpret and understand building plans.
- Determine the materials required.
- Measure distance from reference points.
- Calculate angles and determining the vertical and horizontal alignment of courses.
- Lay bricks using mortar as a binder and a trowel to level.
- Fasten bricks with wire clamps or cement.
- Working safely on scaffolds and swing stages at various heights.
- Use equipment and tools effectively to perform basic construction tasks.
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience on a construction site.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in bricklaying and the construction of buildings.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.
DM Habens is a leading construction company specialising in public sector and commercial construction projects in the South of England. Our clients include County Councils, Local Authorities, NHS hospitals and primary care units, schools, colleges and churches. We also undertake work in the
The company commenced trading in 1984 under the name of D.M.Habens. As a construction company we have steadily grown in a controlled manner over the years and in 1998 become a limited company. We have a good reputation as a construction company, and regularly execute projects for, Hampshire County Council, Portsmouth City Council, Portsmouth Diocese, Portsmouth NHS, Surrey & Borders NHS, and also directly for local schools, churches and architects.
DM Habens is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities in employment in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, within the company. The aim of this policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on grounds not relevant to good employment practice. A complete copy of DM Habens (The Builder) Ltd equal opportunities policy is available on request.