Construction Site Manager
We are looking for an experienced site manager to join our team! Site managers are responsible for ensuring that a construction project is completed on time and within budget.
Our sites are spread throughout Portsmouth, Hampshire and across the south coast, the site managers work with their Contracts Manager and will take responsibility for an entire project and are situated on site for the duration of the project.
All our site managers are issued with a company ipad, and will be expected to utilise our Construction Software Procore therefore an ability to use and learn technology and software is required. All sites undergo weekly audits to ensure the software is being used effectively.
- Plan and coordinate a project from start to finish
- Plan the work and the buying of necessary materials and equipment
- Manage staff for the project
- Manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- Ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- Check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers
- Promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
- Utilise our digital construction software to write reports, carry out inspections and checks
- Maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project, i.e. stakeholder management
- Communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project
- Deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
You’ll need to show:
- Strong communication skills – for liaising with a wide range of clients, professionals and workers on site
- Leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work
- Excellent planning and organisational skills – for writing and monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
- Resilience and problem-solving skills – in order to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
- An ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress
- strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
- An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site
- Sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns
- Numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
- 3 Day First Aid
- CSCS Card
- Additional Health and Safety Qualifications such as Manual handling, Abrasive Wheels etc.
DM Habens is a leading construction company specialising in public sector and commercial construction projects in the South of England. Our clients include County Councils, Local Authorities, NHS hospitals and primary care units, schools, colleges and churches. We also undertake work in the
The company commenced trading in 1984 under the name of D.M.Habens. As a construction company we have steadily grown in a controlled manner over the years and in 1998 become a limited company. We have a good reputation as a construction company, and regularly execute projects for, Hampshire County Council, Portsmouth City Council, Portsmouth Diocese, Portsmouth NHS, Surrey & Borders NHS, and also directly for local schools, churches and architects.
DM Habens is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities in employment in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, within the company. The aim of this policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on grounds not relevant to good employment practice. A complete copy of DM Habens (The Builder) Ltd equal opportunities policy is available on request.