Habens were appointed as the Principal Contractor by Portsmouth City Council to carry out works to Eastern Road Screen Replacement Project, Portsmouth under JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2016.
The works were to replace the existing single glazed “Crittal” screens to the communal link ways with aluminium framed double glazed curtain walling.
Associated works also included the provision of a liquid applied coating to flat roof areas and communal area internal decorations. The site comprises 14no. detached 3 storey blocks of 9 flats each, located alongside Eastern Road, Langstone Road, Stride Avenue and Hayling Avenue in Portsmouth, Hampshire. The works comprised of, but were not restricted to, the following:
- Scaffolding system sufficient / suitable for full access to required areas of the external fabric of the building including flat roof areas.
- Replace link way glazed screens.
- Liquid applied coatings to link way and entrance porch roofs.
- Internal decorations to communal areas.
The project was managed by:
- Site Manager: Jamie Hutfield
- Project Manager: Martyn Hodges
Works were carried out over a 30-week period within four phased sections. Our Site Manager assumed the role of Resident Liaison Officer.
Portsmouth City Council
JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2016
Eastern Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 6EN