The site comprised a four storey block of flats of traditional cavity wall construction, in Havant, Hampshire. The project commenced July 2019 and works were complete January 2020 on behalf of Portsmouth City Council. The block contains eight, three-bedroom maisonettes. The four ground floor properties are accessed externally from the rear courtyard and the upper floor properties are accessed via a single stairwell which leads to the external walkway. The walkway is a projecting cantilevered concrete walkway with painted, steel railings and a cold applied liquid coating over an asphalt floor finish, located on the East elevation.
The works comprise but are not restricted to the following;
- Scaffold system sufficient/suitable for full access to all of the external fabric of the building and roof;
- Internal and external communal decorations;
- Replacement property doors and windows;
- Removal of external tile hanging and replacement with external insulation and render;
- Flat roof replacement;
- New electrical installation;
- Fire upgrade works including replacement shed doors and installation of emergency lighting.
Portsmouth City Council