Somers Road (19-41 Odds) is a purpose-built block of flats in Southsea and was constructed circa 1967.The block is used for social housing. There are 12 properties of which 9 are maisonettes and 3 are flats. The works included: –
- Replacement of fascia board.
- New roof system to stairwell roof.
- Asbestos removal to third-floor textured ceiling.
- Installation of porcelain tiles to communal areas.
- Repointing to brickwork generally.
- Replacement of localised damaged bricks.
- EICR to the communal area.
- Installation of new Fire Rated (FR) property entrance doors.
- Removal and replacement of PVCu windows.
- Internal and external decorations.
- Replacement of communal screens.
- Installation of block and flat finding signage.
- Name plate and Block signage.
Residents remained insitu for the duration of the works and their amenities and facilities remained in full working order throughout the duration of the contract period. The housing project was managed by Contracts Manager Andy Small and Site Agent Mark Lord. DM Habens acted as principal contractor carrying out works on behalf of Portsmouth City Council.
Portsmouth City Council
JCT Intermediate Works Building Contract with Contractors Design 2016
Somers Road (19-41 Odds), Somers Road, Southsea, Portsmouth PO5 4PR.