Habens were appointed as the Principal Contractor by Portsmouth City Council to carry out works to Wilmcote House, Portsmouth under JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2016.
The site comprised of a single detached 11 storey block of flats with communal laundry and shed areas. The block is served by four stairwells with communal lifts located in stairwells B and C. Stairwells A and D have restricted access to the residents and are for emergency use only. For the duration of the works the properties remained occupied, therefore only one staircase was granted to us at any one time. Works had to be completed before starting works on the next stairwell. The works comprised of, but were not restricted to, the following:
- Making good of wall and ceiling substrates and redecorate Class O standard
- BM Trada Fire Door Installations
- Install new ceilings, plaster and decorate to O standard
- Remove all current flooring, install new flooring and nosing’s throughout the communal stairwells ensuring that all levels are true to the refurbished level.
- Removal of lead paint and preparation to recoat metal balustrade
- Powder coating of fence panels and preparation for redecorating of fence and gate posts
- Remove and reinstate internal rainwater goods
- Remove and install new communal and electrical cupboard fire doors.
- Fire stopping
The works were carried out in the following locations;
- Cleaner’s cupboard – Ground Floor
- Wardens store – Ground Floor
- Lift Lobbies – Odd Floors
- Bike Storage – Even Floors
- New steel electrical cupboard doors
- New timber shed doors
- Stairwells – All
- Bin chute rooms-All
- Communal shed areas and adjoining corridors – Ground Floor
- Communal laundry – Ground Floor
The project was managed by:
- Site Manager: Jamie Hutfield
- Project Manager: Aidan Thomas
Works were carried out over a 48-week period. Our Site Manager assumed the role of Resident Liaison Officer. All doors were installed and certified by our skilled BM Trada Q-Mark Fire Door Installers and were certified along with appropriate documents and certification as part of the scheme.
Portsmouth City Council
JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2016
Wilmcote House, Tyseley House, Somerstown, Portsmouth, PO5 4NA