With over 35 years experience working within and establishing our head office in the Navy city of Portsmouth our connection with the forces is something many of us here at Habens can relate to. With a passion to support and give back to the community, we have taken the time to further our connection with the forces and recently joined the Armed Forces Covenant.
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
Her Majesty’s Armed Forces Covenant is an ongoing promise from the nation to those who serve or have served in the British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force.
The covenant focuses on helping past and present members of the armed forces community, ensuring these servicemen and women have the same access to government and commercial services and products as any other citizen.
This support is provided in a number of areas including:
- Education and family well-being
- Employment opportunities
- Healthcare access
- Financial assistance
Like Habens, businesses and charitable organisations who wish to demonstrate their support for the Armed Forces community can sign the Covenant, making a range of written and published promises to set out their support to members of the Armed Forces community who work in their business or access their products and services.
We have committed to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community, recognising the value of servicing personnel, cadets, veterans and military families contributing to businesses in the community, charities and our country as a whole.
By signing the Armed Forces Covenant, we pledge to:
- Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
- Veterans: supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process;
- Service Spouses & Partners: supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- Reserves: supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces;
- Cadet Organisations: supporting our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations
- National Events: supporting Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities;
- Armed Forces Charities: supporting Armed Forces charities with fundraising and supporting staff who volunteer to assist;
- Commercial Support
You can find out more about the Armed Forces Covenant here: – https://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk/
Or visit our accreditations page to download and view our full covenant: –