The restoration & brickwork repair works to Basing House, Basingtoke has recently completed. The project took place on behalf of Hampshire County Council, and included restoration works such as repointing and brickwork repairs to the Historic Tudor Citadel Tunnel and the 16th Century listed Lord Bolton’s Field Wall. The works consisted of: –
- Carefully selected areas of vegetation removal with specific reference to the Botanical Survey. Strict regard was enforced to ensure non-disturbance to parts of wall where no work is required.
- Selected broken / missing bricks were replaced with matching bricks.
- Selected areas of repointing
- Certain areas had become unstable and required careful recording, dismantling and reconstruction.
- Replacement of missing courses of brickwork to a matching configuration.
The 8-week heritage project was managed on site by Site Agent Steve Goodeve and Contracts Manager Sean Morge.
Hampshire County Council
JCT 2011 Minor Works Building Contract
Basing House, The Street, Old Basing, Basingstoke, RG24 7BH