The works comprised of a pitched and flat roof replacement scheme and external fabric repairs predominantly to the east and south elevations. Along with internal works to the school reception Including mechanical and electrical works, flooring and decoration works, in addition to new reception desk and screen, new roller shutter, suspended ceilings and drainage adjustments.
Section 1 –
Section 1 incorporated the full 26 week period and includes the south elevation and part of the east elevation, this also included the flat roof.
Section 2 –
Section 2 incorporated the remaining east elevation and the pitched roof and lasted for 19 weeks.
Section 3 –
Section 3 incorporated the internals of the building for the purpose of facilitating the roof light replacement and the works within the roof void along with the reception refurbishment works.
DM Habens acted as principal contractor, Site Agent Luke Pearce and Director of Operations Vishal Patel managed the works on site meanwhile specialist sub-contractors completed trades such as:
- Mechanical: Reeleyt Heating
- Electrical: JSD Electrical Ltd
- Roller Shutter – Absolute Shutters Ltd
- Windows: Finest Group
- Scaffolding: KL Scaffolding Ltd
- Roofing: Southern Flat and Pitched Roofing
- Wall Ties: 1st Master Wall Ties Ltd
- Structural Calculations: Fast Calc Ltd
- Fencing: IGS Fencing Ltd
- Flooring: Solent Contract Flooring Ltd
- Decorating: NSB Decorators Ltd
- Reception Desk: Avon Armour Ltd
Portsmouth City Council
JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2016
Wimborne Junior School, Wimborne Road, Southsea, Portsmouth PO4 8DE