At Habens we specialise in working within operational healthcare environments such as Melbury Lodge, Winchester where works took place on behalf of Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust working with MMC Project Consulting LLP & Studio Four Architects Ltd incorporating multiple phases to remodel the Stephano Olivieri and Kingsley Wards in addition to the Mother and Baby Unit to increase number of ensuite bedrooms and improve layouts.
The healthcare project was managed by Contracts Manager Vishal Patel and site agent Jordan Lord. DM Habens acted as principal contractor, managing the works on site meanwhile specialist sub-contractors completed specialist trades.
Works included but not limited to:
• Alterations to existing internal blockwork and studwork walls
• New partitions, doors, and some external windows
• New entrance canopy externally
• New sanitaryware including connections to modified supplies and drainage
• Formation of shower areas with screed formed to falls and associated underground drainage
• Modifications to existing mechanical services to suit new layout including mechanical ventilation, H&C supplies to sanitaryware and upgrade work within the main plant room
• Upgrade heating system to a pressurised system
• Flushing-through of existing pipework
• Modification to existing electrical services to include lighting, power, data and alarm/monitoring systems as well as supplies for mechanical plant
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
JCT 2016 Intermediate Building Contract
Melbury Lodge, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester SO22 5ES