We are thrilled with the final finish of works at Flying Bull Academy, Portsmouth. The works comprise of the construction of a two storey teaching
block extension of approximately together with associated external
works & alteration & refurbishment works to areas of the existing
The education project was managed by Contracts Manager Vishal Patel and site manager Alan Gruss. DM Habens acted as principal contractor, while also carrying out the carpentry and groundworks in house, while managing the works on site meanwhile specialist sub-contractors completed specialist trades such as: –
- Window & Aluminium Door installation by Architectural Systems Ltd.
- Mechanical & Electrical Works by Maintaining Environments
- Scaffolding by KL Scaffolding Ltd
- Decorations by NSB Decorators
- Flooring by Solent Contract Flooring Ltd
- Steelwork by Harrisons Industrial Ltd
- Ceiling and Wall Installations by RDL Commercial
Dates: February 2022 – September 2022
It’s great to work with the Portsmouth City Council Design Team on another school extension project, The Flying Bull Academy. The new building is specifically designed to meet the SEND needs in the city; increasing the capacity of the current unit from 14 to 32, providing 3no additional classrooms and minor adaptions to the existing annexe building. This will allow for a more appropriate number of children per class and more needs specific classroom setting.
Portsmouth City Council
JCT 2016 Intermediate Building Contract
Flying Bull Lane, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 7BJ